The Oxford Dictionary defines the word ‘mansplain’: (Of a man) explain (something) to someone, typically a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizin
Notice the key word there, woman, that is right.
Interestingly enough it happens more often than most think. Perhaps you haven’t actually REALISED that you have been ‘mansplained’ to yourself.
I have been one of the lucky few that has NEVER been mansplained to; well if I have – I surely haven’t noticed anyway.
I will continue to hold onto the hope that this is a decreasing epidemic, and I would love to hear from anybody who has been a recipient to ‘mansplaining’ themself…
I believe mansplaining should stop because:
1) Women are competitive as is, so you men out there better watch out, you’re not the only one who has a forum to speak to – expect to receive what you give
2) This form of talking is really deragatory and nobody should be subjected to it
3) The form of mansplaing via text or the internet can be damagingly misread and misunderstood
4) Tensions may arise, especially if this is a tool used at work, no form of power-tripping is EVER acceptable
5) Against the use of mansplaining, it can be argued that a better understanding amongst men and women in all walks of life can benefit from mutual respect and enlightenment of self-worth of oneself and others
6) The difference of lifestyles in both sexes are different as is, bettering that cultural understanding will not work to anyone’s disadvantage, the advantages will show that greater appreciation from women to men will increase – and for all the right reasons