Adding pistachio kernels to the gremolata adds a nutty crunch to this creamy pasta dish.
To Prep: 0:20 | To Cook 0:12 | Ingredients 13 | Difficulty EASY | Servings 4
* 225g dried pappardelle pasta
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 large red onion, halved, thinly sliced
* 1 shortcut bacon rasher, thinly sliced
* 375g flat mushrooms, sliced
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
* 250ml tub extra light cream for cooking
* 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, leaves torn in half
* 1/3 cup unsalted roasted pistachio kernels, finely chopped
* 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
* 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
* 1 tablespoon drained baby capers, rinsed, finely chopped
Make Pistachio gremolata: Place all ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions until just tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened and is starting to brown. Add mushrooms, garlic and rosemary. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream until well combined and smooth. Simmer gently for 2 minutes. 4 Remove pan from heat. Add spinach, reserved cooking liquid and pasta. Toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with pistachio gremolata.